Summer is a season for adventure. I, for one, feel quite bold when the sun’s shining down and I’m unencumbered by flannels on flannels on henlies on flannels. Those layers y’all, they zap the life out of me! I prefer 80 degrees and me and my flip flops hitting the open road for new places (or Starbucks, for a macchiato, but whatever).
Typically a new adventure requires a few fashion sidekicks. A fedora or beautifully printed scarf, perhaps. One of our stylists here at SMP, Bridget, is headed to Santa Barbara soon and she’s got a few sidekicks of her own!
I am going for a quick trip to Santa Barbara in August with my family and boyfriend. We will do wine tastings and hang out by the pool/beach for 2 days. Santa Barbara will be a new experience for me! (Yea, B! Adventure time!)
- I’m so loving this Zara dress right now, and am thinking about snagging it for the trip. I love an easy going, casual summer dress with textures/details/cool shapes.
- I am very much a scarf girl, and adore this fuchsia Mango scarf.
- I really don’t try very hard for fashion during the summer, which is a problem I am working on. It’s just too hot here! So, I tend to go with crossbody purses, like this Olivia + Joy crossbody in Berry.
- Or this Steve Madden crossbody bag in Blush. One less thing to have to lug around.
- For the arm party, I’ll be rocking this Cuff Bracelet and all its hammered goodness!
- During the day and tastings, I will be walking a lot, so I will stick to these Target sandals that rock my world.
- I would like to transition to wedges in the evening (…if I do not change into something else. But let’s face it, I probably will change clothes like 15 times a day because it is vacation, right?). These Forever 21 wedges in Taupe are great!
Thanks, B! Santy Barbie is going to look SO great on you. Enjoy the food and wine, and soak up that California sun!
Happy Memorial Day you guys! I see hot dogs and burgers in your future :)