beauty, Beauty Blog, beauty blogger, celeb makeup artist, DIY, favorite makeup brushes, how to clean makeup brushes, Lisa Eldridge, makeup, makeup artist, makeup brushes, makeup tutorial, skincare, top makeup brushes
Happy Monday! I know I said Carrie M would be back today, but she isn’t feeling well, so I’m filling in again, but she should be back next week!
So. Cleaning my makeup brushes is probably the last thing on my endless to-do list, but it really needs to be done, so as not to lead to bacterial infections, or makeup build-up on your brushes. Some major perks of having clean brushes? They can help clear up spots and blackheads, while brushes left uncleaned can actually contribute to these skin problems. And really, when there are quick, easy ways like this to clean them, there’s really no excuse – you could do it while you get ready for bed! One easy, satisfying check-off to end the day. :)
Photo credit: thebeautythesis.com
5 Simple Steps to Clean Your Makeup Brushes:
1) Fill a glass with hot water
2) Add a tablespoon of white vinegar
3) Submerge the brushes in the solution and soak for 20 minutes.
4) Rinse briefly in hot water, followed by a rinse in cold water.
5) Pat dry with a towel, and leave the brushes to dry before using.
This method is cheap, easy-peasy, and works great!
Speaking of makeup brushes… Have you ever wondered how many kinds of brushes there are, and what to do with each of them, like me? Well, celeb makeup artist, Lisa Eldridge, breaks them down for us in her fantastic tutorial, below:
Here is Lisa’s comprehensive list of her favorite brushes from her tutorial above, and links to find them online:
1. Suqqu – Face Brush
2. Suqqu – Cheek Brush
3. Suqqu – Brush pouch set
4. Suqqu – Shadow Brush L
5. Suqqu – Eye Brow Brush
6. Suqqu – Eye Shadow Brush S
7. Kevyn Aucoin – Concealer Brush
8. Sephora – Professional Concealer Brush 46
9. Sephora – Smoky Eye Brush 24 – Professional Platinum
10. Laura Mercier – Smokey Eye Liner Brush
11. RMK – Eye Brow Brush
12. Bobbi Brown – Lip Brush
13. Daniel Sandler – Blending Brush
14. Benefit – Fantail Brush
15. Jemma Kidd – Deepen Brush
16. Paula Dorf – Eye Blender
17. Paula Dorf – Sheer Crease Brush
18. Paula Dorf – Eye Contour
19. Paula Dorf – Lip Brush
20. Paula Dorf – Smoke Lid
21. Sue Devitt – Powder Brush
22. No7 – Foundation Brush
23. No7 – Concealer Brush
24. MAC – Brush – 109
25. MAC – Brush – 129
26. MAC – Brush – 217
27. Shu Uemura – Synthetic Brush – 10
And now, my Makeup Monday friends, you may rest well in knowing that you now have full makeup-brush knowledge. ;)
Here’s to no spots and blackheads, and an easy check-off the ol’ list! Carrie M will be back next Monday – promise!